Warning: Wall of Texts

A weirdo embracing and celebrating his weirdness.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Dazed, confused and stumbling through life. Searching for answers to questions I don't even know...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Read this if you don't read...

Reading this post makes me feel so embarressed to say I studied journalism. As a media student one would assume we automatically are book worms by nature. I mean it's almost a requirement given the nature of our profession.

But aside from books for assignments and select magazines I hardly do any leisure reading nowadays. What they say is true, in today's multi-media, multi-complex, multi-screwed-up world there are far too many things to occupy our time.

When I was young I was a real book worm. Mostly because there was nothing else to do. Well, there was sports but fuck that shit! Plus my mom really encouraged my pastime by bringing me to libraries and book rentals. But as I got older and videogames became a staple in my free time, reading took a backseat. It progressively deterioted from novels and Readers' Digest to newspapers and comic books.

Now reading a full fledged novel has become a chore. My attention span has deterioted thanks to technology. I sometimes miss my childhood when things had to be done the hard and slower way. Maybe because when we're young our concept of time flows slower and we have time to enjoy every single moment of it. Nowadays I turn on my computer screen and there's so much shit going on it makes me wanna scream and hide under my covers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home