Warning: Wall of Texts

A weirdo embracing and celebrating his weirdness.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Dazed, confused and stumbling through life. Searching for answers to questions I don't even know...

Monday, July 09, 2007

My first few days in another country...

I know it's pointless to complain, but for someone who has a low tolerance for any weather conditions below 20'c, I have to say it's bloody cold here! And when they said that Melbourne is a city which experiences 4 seasons in a day, they weren't kidding! Afternoons are the worst. Every time the wind blows, I swear they feel like icicles that are trying to tear my cloths off.

The food here is fantastic though. If you live on Western and Italian food, you'd be more than happy to die here! Asian food here is not bad either and come in a variety of styles and unlike Malaysian dishes come in bigger proportions. Much, much BIGGER proportions. One serving of fried rice here could easily feed 3 ppl back home. Thank God walking is my only mode of transportation around here or I'll have to start shopping for new pants soon.

I'm currently staying in a hotel and will be moving into an apartment this Friday. I personally can't wait to settle and start classes. It can get a bit lonely and boring during the nights. Anyways, enough talk. It's picture time...





















This is airport. It didn't look very big and busy on the day I arrived. I almost got stranded here too thanks to my chauffeur, a Hungarian dude named John who forgot to pick me up...Thank God for this old dude Alan who was kind enough to make a call for me.

































Victoria Hotel, currently where I'm staying. My room's kinda small, but quite cozy.
























That's Flinder's St Train Station on the left and on the right is the first shopping mall I visited.

















Enjoying the architecture of the building while enjoying my first meal in Australia, a roast chicken spud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home