Warning: Wall of Texts

A weirdo embracing and celebrating his weirdness.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Dazed, confused and stumbling through life. Searching for answers to questions I don't even know...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My life has become like a carnivale...

Today was one of those adventurous days which caused me to question my sanity and re-confirmed my long-standing resolve that staying at home and keeping to yourself is the best way to spend your holidays after all. No wait. 'Adventure' is much too mild of a word. 'A day at the circus' best describes my day. But then again, what would you expect when the Four Sistas of Taylor's College get together...

It all started when I was called back to college by Ishwar, who needed help editing some video he shot for Communication Day. Now I'm no genius when it comes to video editing but at least I know we need Windows Movie Maker 2 to do it. Something which our wonderful ICT department staffs have to knowledge of at all. One guy at the Papparazzi Pod, that's what they're calling the newsroom now (I know, what a horrendous name!) was just starting to configure the PCs there so we couldn't use that lab. And after a futile attempt to ask another intern at the information desk (who just gave us a blank face upon hearing Windows Maker Maker, gawd this is what we are paying thousands for...) I just decided to try the new media hub instead.

Unfortunately, after fiddling with the camera trying to transfer the data to the computer (which didn't even come with a memory card!!!), I accidentally deleted all of their hardwork...I'm telling you, these things should come with a manual. Oh wait, they do. The college just forgot to give it to us when they lent us the video cam...

So after much panicking and cussing we decided between re-shooting every scene and putting in a late night or cancelling the whole damn thing. We went for the easiest and less stressful choice so we scratched it so that Ishwar and the gang could concentrate on their play. Unfortunately some members of the crew were being difficult and childish and rehearsals had to be canceled as well.

Several phone calls and plenty of bitch fits later Ishwar was calm enough to follow me to Ridzuan to meet up with Radd and Nadeem, who was having a crisis of his own...I swear it was like a scene out of Sex in the City with the five of us (Yuvi, one of our juniors were present as well) discussing his love life. After much consoling and bad love song renditions (courtesy of Ishwar and Radd), I managed to convince everyone to teman me to Pyramid for a little hardware shopping.

After all the nonsense that we went through that day you'd think the heavens would have mercy on us and leave us alone but noooooo. We barely left Ridzuan area when Radd's car had a flat...

Question: How many gays does it take to change a flat tyre?
Answer: Click here to find out

And here's the freaky coincidental universe-works-in-mysterious-ways nonsense la. It had to happen at that spesific place and time where I would bump into my useless boyfriend, who hasn't called for 2 weeks and convienently passed by without even uttering a simple hello. 'Boyfriend'? Sorry, I mean EX-boyfriend.

Anyways, our bitching session continued at A&W at Pyramid and it escalated to mass cursing session. I pity the poor souls who've incured our wrath. But now that I think bad it wasn't so such a bad day after all. I got to spend time with my sisters and we all realised in our ways who our real friends are. And in the end I got what I wanted: a 2gb thumbdrive. And it only costs me RM180, which I think is kinda reasonable. What do you guys think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home